The error ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR often occurs when we are using chrome and opening a website but it shows that ‘website is temporarily unavailable or moved to any new address’. We know that it is a genuine thing but sometimes it shows this message on every website you visit, which means it is an error. So today we will tell you how to fix ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome.
If you are facing the issue every time you visit any website then there is an issue in Chrome and we have to fix it. Quic is a network protocol in Google Chrome that provides security for its users. It also allows the users for faster Internet connection, provide you better graphics for online games. Not let us understand, how to fix this error.
How to Fix ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome?
There are many troubleshooting options to fix this error, we will give you all the methods. Before you proceed, you should check that the website you are visiting is opening on other browsers or not. First, check on other browsers, if it is working on other browsers then you have to go with this method. So here is the first method-
Disable the Quic protocol in Chrome
This is a very easy method, just follow these steps-
- First of all, open the Chrome Browser and type ‘chrome://flags’ in the address bar and press enter.
- Now you will get some features the available section, there you have to find ‘Experimental Quic Protocol’ or you can also search it in the box at the top.
- Now you have to tap on the Disable option in the drop-down menu. After clicking on that, now it will tell you to restart the browser to apply the changes.
- After launching the browser, the Experimental Quiz Protocol will disable.
That’s it, now you know how to fix this error. Of the issues persists again, then you can go with the alternate method.
Disable the Third-party Browser Extensions
The third-party extension will change the functionality of your browser. Sometimes these extension makes a big impact and can cause errors like Protocol. So we will strongly recommend you to disable the extensions. For that, you have to follow these steps-
- First of all you have to open the Chrome browser and enter ‘chrome://extensions’ in the address bar and press Enter.
- Now you just have to click on the toggles to disable the extensions.
- After doing this, just restart your browser and try to load the page. If it happens then you can again go to your extensions which you want to activate again.
So this also a good method to fix these types of errors. It is quite an easy method. But still, if you are facing issues then you can go with another method.
Disable the Firewall for sometime
The Firewall monitors the traffic on your website and prevents your Windows from malicious software. If you want to free from errors then disable the Firewall for some time. Just follow these steps to do it.
- First of all, press the Windows key with R key to bring the run dialog box.
- Now type the ‘Control Panel’ in the box and press Enter.
- Now click on the ‘System and Security’ in Windows Firewall.
- Now you will see Windows Firewall at the left side of the screen and tap on it to disable it and then click on Ok to save the changes.
So you can solve the issue by disabling the Firewall. Now we will tell you the last method to fix this error.
Reset Chrome Settings to Default
Reset Chrome Settings to Default may fix this issue. Make sure to clear all the things on Chrome and disable extensions also. For that, just follow these steps.
- First of all, start the Chrome browser and click on the menu at the top right of the screen.
- Now tap on the Settings and go the advanced section there from the drop-down menu.
- Now scroll down below and tap on the ‘Reset and clean up’ option and now tap on ‘reset the settings and make it to default’.
- Now just click on reset the settings and restart the chrome to act.
So, these are the steps from which you can fix the error of ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ in the Chrome Browser. All the methods we have given are very easy to do. Still, if you are facing issues in fixing the error then please comment below, we will reply to you soon.