Steam is a store where users can download content for their PC. But this is a very commonly asked question on Google that the DLC is not working in Steam or it is not installing properly. So today in this article, we will tell you how to get rid of this situation.
Steam is a very popular and currently most used PC gaming store from where users can download many video games and other content. As we have listened that sometimes downloadable content is not working on Steam because of some issues. It will be irritating at the time when we have purchased a DLC but it is not working on Steam. The games installed properly but still, it doesn’t work.
Previously DLC has no role in the games but now it is just a need because DLC helps the developer to add more features in the existing game and can also help in fixing the issues of the game but sometimes it is quite irritating. But what can we do DLC is a part of gaming today and we have to be with it.
What to do if Steam DLC not installed properly?
Now we will tell you some methods from which you can get rid of this issue. Here are the best methods.
Check that DLC is installed properly
Just follow these steps properly.
- First of all, if your DLC is already installed, then uninstall it and then proceed further.
- Now you have to open the Steam library and select the game on which you want to install the DLC.
- Then you have to click on the ‘Manage my DLC’ option available on the screen.
- Then you have to tick the Enable button at front of your game.
- It will start downloading the game automatically, now just check again.
So this was an easy method that you can try to install the DLC properly. If it doesn’t help you, then we will proceed to another method.
Restart the Steam client
It may help you to install Steam DLC properly. You have to just follow these steps-
- At first, you have to open the Steam store and then click on the ‘Steam button’ and select on ‘Exit’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now open the Steam again and start downloading DLC again.
- If this method is not working then do a bit change. At the Steam store, click on the ‘Steam’ option and tap on the ‘Account change’ option.
- Now you have to logout your id and then do Login, now download and install the DLC again.
If this method is helping you, then it is good but if this method is not working, then try this last method.
Also Read: How to Make Selfies With Dorian Rossini ?
Verify integrity of the game files
You can also fix this issue by verifying the integrity of the game files. Just follow these steps-
- First of all, you have to open the Steam library, then select the game that you want.
- After selecting the game, now right-click on the game and tap on the ‘properties’ option.
- Now tap on the ‘local files’ and then click on the ‘verify the integrity of the game files’.
- It will start verifying the game errors and fix them.
- If the process is working then it is Ok otherwise, you can reinstall the game.
- For that, you have to right-click on the game and tap on the ‘Manage’ option.
- Then tap on the ‘uninstall’ option.
- After uninstalling the game, you have to install it again on the Steam Store and then install the DLC.
This is one of the best methods to solve this issue. We have also seen that sometimes DLC installed it but now working properly. The reason of these issues can also be because of connectivity. There should be an issue with Steam’s server and you should check it. But if there are no issues in Steam server connectivity then you should check your connection.
These are the ways that can help you in installing the DLC properly. So this is all about today’s article of DLC not installed. If you have any queries related to this article, you can ask in the comment section.